Wednesday, September 4, 2019

apology cakes

I was feeling like Deb the Downer when HF got home from work. I kept my thoughts to myself, but I was grouchy because it'd been FOREVER since we'd seen him (you know how shift work is and extra jobs). I didn't want to talk about it because it would just start an argument and make us both grumpy. And there's nothing I can do about his schedule. He started to tell me about an extra job he got invited to do the next morning during his day off. I clenched my jaw and rolled my eyes inwardly. Wanted to scream. Then he said, "I told him no. I said I haven't seen you or my kids in weeks and I needed to see you guys." I was so shocked touched by his thoughtfulness that my eyes unexpectedly filled up with tears.

Our crazy schedule makes feel like I am a big fat ZERO on his priority list, but in reality, I'm always on his mind. The kids are always on his mind. That's why he works as hard as he does. So I apologized for being a crabby patty and thought about making him an apology cake. What would your apology cake say? Here are some that mine might say:

SORRY FOR BEING A GROUCHY MCGROUCHERSON.
SORRY FOR EATING YOUR CANDY BAR.
SORRY FOR ALL THE CRUMBS IN BED.
SORRY FOR WRECKING THE CAR.
SORRY FOR ELBOWING YOU IN THE FACE IN BED.

Here are some great ones I found online:
Anyone else get mouthy during Mario Kart? No? Just me?  
This one is from a cop to a firefighter in Ohio! 

No comments: