Friday, October 8, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I read this post over at Happy Medic entitiled, Go Pink Challenge. I'm not EMS, but I love the challenge to make your blog pink for the month and to help increase awareness about breast cancer.

I think most of us know someone who has had breast cancer or other forms of cancer. Some of them have been cured, some unfortunately have not been so lucky. I know three women right now that are currently receiving treatment for breast cancer and one a brain tumor. They are all young with little children. It breaks my heart. I also have a group of friends that travel to Colorado each year to participate in a run for the cure to honor a friend of theirs that passed away from breast cancer.

I've included a link to the Susan G. Komen website in my sidebar as well as a link to the EMS for the cure page. The SGK website has a wealth of information. Stories of survivors, way to help or donate, events happening around the nation, etc. I challenge you to go pink for the month of October as well!

4 comments:

Sister Copinherhair said...

I so would like to make my blog pink but everytime I make a change, I have to have Snow do it for me. :(

prahalad said...

Simple Copy And Paste Jobs At www.visionjobcare.com

Are you really fed up with recession and want to overcome this. If you can manage the time than SMART SOLUTION will show you the way where you can earn from HOME. For more details E-mail us at support.visionjob@gmail.com
Visit : http://www.visionjobcare.com/XXX.html

KD said...

For some reason when someone leaves a comment and the URL includes "XXX" I'm thinking... well... that can't be good. :)

Just stopped by to say HI and that I'm thinking of you!

Handcuffed Heart said...

Knock Knock.
Is this a record?? 21 Days without a post?? I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
hugs to you.