Thursday, February 24, 2011

boost of confidence

So I just posted the other day that HF was a little shook up and lacking in his usual confidence. Well, the very next day, he was given a letter of commendation for the way he handled a case. The lieutenant giving him his performance evaluation had a lot of nice things to say. His numbers are good, he writes good reports, makes good arrests, and that all around he's a good cop and doing a good job. That was a happy day. I rewarded him by having him move all the furniture for our 2 boys from the 3rd floor down to the basement and the furniture down in the basement for our guest room up to the 3rd floor. I also made sure that he sanded that bed frame that he made a few months ago. Just when he thought we were finished, I had him help with the purging of documents from our filing cabinet and then rearrange the newly arranged furniture upstairs. It was good for him. And me. It really brought us closer together as a couple and as a family.

I've been so scarce around these parts as of late. Other than being on the phone with poison control for our 2 year old's ingestion of a variety of hygiene products, and rearranging furniture, I feel a little apprehensive about the things I want to post about. On the one hand, HF shuts me down sometimes when I want to post about certain things. I get it. It's better to be safe than sorry to protect his identity and things possibly coming back to bite him, but it leaves me a little frustrated. So needless to say, I've got all these unpublished posts that HF has either said "Please don't talk about that" or I feel he has to edit first. We'll figure out the right balance soon hopefully. So I feel like I got nuthin' at the moment. You know what I mean?

In the meantime, I have a few more police wife blogs:

Police Blogger: The Bad Luck Detective

WAGS:
Matt, Rachel, and Cadence. A good post to read is her experience of attending the Lakewood Memorial in December 2009.

On a related note, A Policeman's Life posted an article that a police wife, Christine Russell, wrote about receiving "that call". I know these 2 articles are sad, but they are important.

Mallorie at Happy Home

2 comments:

Mallorie said...

YAY! :-) I am SO Thankful that you listed me on your blog! This is so exciting! And rearranging furniture is good for the soul!

Bdubs said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. My husband is in the last month of his academy and is a sponsored sheriff deputy recruit. I am trying to learn everything I can about the life of a law enforcement family.

I love that you put your hubs to work on his day off. I'm the same way. He grumbles at first but in the end it's doing those everyday things that lets us bond. :-)