- Invitations: Look like a subpeona (my father-in-law is majorly paranoid and he'll probably think it's for real when he gets this in the mail)
- Decorations: Police line tape, chalk outlines around the house (with tape instead of chalk of course), a line-up corner for mug shots. I'll have butcher paper or something to do the height measurements, and guests can write their names and a congratulatory note to HF on a small dry erase board to hold in their pictures. Blue and red police beacons?
- Food: cake made to look like his department's badge, depending on the weather-a BBQ. I'm still working out the food and drink ideas. I think I've seen at party stores police themed plates and napkins.
- Games: "Guess that Cop". Have on the wall 50 pictures of famous historical, fictional, and tv cops (John McClaine from Die Hard, 21-Jumpstreet, Barney Fife, Inspector Gadget, etc.) We'll see how many people can name. Also, a donut-eating contest or donut game. Funny but true laws. I can't believe some of the laws in my state.
- Gifts/Party favors: handcuffs, police hats, police whistles, and badges for the kids or anyone else who might want them.
I can't believe all the equipment an officer has to get on his own without the assistance of the department!! It's a good thing cops get paid a million dollars, otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it all.