Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the double dragon. . . again

I have the double dragon AGAIN! I woke up this morning pretty dizzy and nauseous. I then sat on the toilet and vomited into a trash can for what seemed like the majority of the first half of the day. Poor HF got home this morning after being up for 24 hours and had to continue to stay up as I couldn't get out of bed. I still feel pretty rotten, but it's 8:00 pm and the kids are in bed, and I'm awake.

I also got a bit of bad news today. I found out that HF will be switching to the cover shift in January. His shift will begin at 7 pm and end at 4 am with Wednesdays and Thursdays off. This was the one shift I dreaded. I am really not happy about it, but I'm thinking I might actually like it more than the swing shift because at least this way he'll be able to see our daughter that's in school before going to work and eat dinner with us as well. I have more thoughts on this and babysitting later when I have the energy.

6 comments:

mrsofficer said...

good luck, my hubs redeployment is coming up and he wants a different schedule than I and well we will see what happens.plus there are so many guys there and if he went to another station we could have weekends but I know he likes where he is at so :(

Anonymous said...

Time to take the pregnancy test. :)

Regarding the shift change... those hours are hell on spouses, but the most fun for us on the street.

mrs. fuzz said...

Chris- I'm pretty sure it's not a pregnancy, more like the H1N1. (fingers crossed it's not either, just something I ate)

And the shift change- those hours really are hell for the spouses, not so bad for the kids, and HF was excited about it being when the most action is. I hope I'll get used to that shift just like I have the graves. gone to work every night by 6:30 though?!

Slamdunk said...

I hope you feel better.

Maybe you will be surprised with the new work hours. After getting married, the potential for shift changes was one of the primary reasons that the Mrs. applauded me leaving policing.

Dori said...

Rest. Get better. Call in reinforcements if you have them. And I feel your pain on the shift change--but you can do it! (Insert Rosie the Riveter poster here)

Stacia said...

OMGoodness! I hope you have started feeling better! Sorry about HF's new work shift... Mine has worked 6pm - 6am for over three years and I'm so ready for a change!!! We hardly see him between sleeping during the day, court, and SWAT... but he loves the night shift. It's where all the action is :)