Monday, January 11, 2010

maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was pretty funny

Tonight began like most nights. HF is on his new schedule (7p to 3a), so he was getting ready to go to work. He was shaving in the bathroom upstairs and I was getting the bath ready for our 14 month old. Then things turned into a scene straight from Full House where Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joey are left to tend baby Michelle with a poopy diaper. You know how these scripted scenes go. They end up doing something like putting on oven mitts and helmets and they wrap her up in a plastic grocery bag and secure it with duct tape. Anyway, I removed Beau's diaper and discovered that he had pooped. I had already filled the bathtub and didn't want to put him in there and he began squirming big time. So I held him up in the air while HF ran and grabbed the wipes and tried to wipe him while he was thrashing about. I held him above my head to see if HF had missed a spot, while HF bent over to inspect the ground. I wasn't paying attention to what HF was doing and as I lowered Beau, I unknowingly wiped his butt on HF's head. HF let out a groan and yep, you guessed it. There was poop on HF's head. I got the giggles really bad while HF plunged his head into the tub and had to do a quick wash. All the while HF is proclaiming, "You wiped his butt on my head! I can't believe you wiped his butt on my head!" All I could do was laugh. I'm still laughing about it. The baby was also laughing through all this. So hopefully this little escapade didn't make him late or flustered for work. I haven't had a good laugh in a while and I needed one. So thank you HF for providing that opportunity.

10 comments:

Jillian said...

LOL! Now THAT is hilarious! Too bad you didn't catch it on camera!

7-3 sounds like a rough shift. Any new shift is an adjustment at first.. regardless! I hope it ends up working out well for your family! :-)

Unknown said...

haaahahahahahahahahhhhaaaahaah... deep breath.... hahahahahahaahahahaah!

I had to read this to my DH and he was all "eww, gross, poor guy!"

All I could do was laugh!

Hope you all are doing great!

Anonymous said...

And it'll be an even funnier story when Beau is 18.

The Bus Driver said...

hehe, the things dads go through!

My dad tells the story of the time he changed my diaper. Apparently my mom heard my protesting cries from the bathroom. She arrived to see my dad holding me under the faucet, saying, "Go ahead kid sh*t on me, every one else does!"

While being changed, I pooed in his hand apparently.

Slamdunk said...

Tell HF to make sure that the video evidence was destroyed as that would be a $10,000 winner and lots of laughs at his expense.

Rebecca said...

LOL that made me laugh. I needed a good giggle today. Oh the joys of parenting. I can only imagine what The Mr. would have said LOL! Thanks for sharing.

April E. :) said...

oh that's hilarious for sure!!

KD said...

there is never a dull moment, is there?!?!? :) thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I probably shouldn't have read this during class... HAH! So funny!

Natalie said...

I laughed SO hard reading this, but I have to admit, HF handled it pretty well considering he was starting to get in the zone for work.

Once my hubby enters that zone, if one of the kids makes too much noise in his presence or gets underfoot he freaks out. I can't even imagine what would happen if this occurred in my home. I HOPE there'd be more laughing then yelling!