Wednesday, November 2, 2011

warm fuzzies: The Rucker Family



I was inspired this morning by this video of the Rucker family; a retired Marine Corps couple that began foster caring children. In the last seven years, they have cared for 45 children, and even adopted one of the little girls they cared for. It's couples like this that provide safety, hope, food, clothing, and love for so many children who go without each day. They definitely deserved the Marine family of the year award for their efforts.

7 comments:

CAcopwife said...

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of this family before.

Deputy's Wife said...

Thanks for that! Now I want to go foster 30 kids...well, maybe just 1. :)

Jenney said...

Oh my gosh. I cried. Thanks for sharing, what a great family!

Anonymous said...

OOHRAAH!

Anonymous said...

I read this post a week ago, but was on vacation and buzzing through blogs. I wanted to come back and say thank you for featuring this family. What incredible people!

bulletproofvest said...

this family is incredible! it takes not only dedication to do this. I salute them and i'll also say that they definitely deserve the marine family of the year award.



--
http://www.bulletproofvestshop.com/civilian-bullet-proof-vest/

Pressure Cooking Recipes said...

Very nice bllog you have here