Thursday, September 3, 2015

In This House...

Like some of you, my heart could burst with grief right now. I have plenty of words and thoughts about the craziness that is happening in our country and law enforcement right now, but cannot express them adequately enough at this time. If I've learned anything at all these last few years, it is that the media rarely gets it right. As a whole, they are not supporters of law enforcement. So turn it off. Don't listen to them! It will not help you. Focus all of your energy on the good things. If you are religious, pray for our law enforcement. If you are not religious, consider how to channel your positive thoughts towards law enforcement. Think of all the people that do support law enforcement. Take care of your families, teach them the truth about what is happening. Be kind to your neighbors and strangers, but always stand up for truth.

 When I was a little girl, I would sometimes tearfully ask my mom why there were so many bad people and sad things that happen in our world, and she would say something like this: This world is full of bad and it has been since the beginning of time and there always will be. There is nothing you can do about it. But what you can do is choose how you behave and how you react to it. Look for the good because there is a lot of good out there. I believe there is more good than evil and you will always find what you are looking for. Thanks to cynicism, I am not all that sure if I believe that there is more good than evil, but the sentiment is correct. I have found this to be comforting at many times throughout my life when things seems completely out of my control.

A friend of mine, made us a sign to hang in our home. I love seeing this hung up where I can see it everyday as a special reminder of this life we chose.

IN THIS HOSUE...
WE DO PROTECT AND SERVE
WE DO CALLOUTS
WE DO LOYALTY
WE DO HONOR
WE DO BADGES
WE DO LATE NIGHTS
WE DO STRONG, 
WE DO GOODNIGHT KISSES
WE DO LIMA OSCAR VICTOR ECHO
WE ARE THE THIN BLUE LINE

No comments: