Sunday, September 6, 2015

DIY thin blue line


I've been busy with my state police wives group these last couple of years. More on that later. One thing that I've noticed is that many of my fellow police wives have some kind of decal on their car that shows their support for police. Whether it's our state's pw organization or some other LEO decal, I've been mostly against it, as is HF for obvious reasons. Even though most people might not know what the decal represents, I think it's wise in general to not label your house or car with any sort of identifiers. I get it, you want to show your support and your pride. And it means something to those that would recognize it. It is sad that we can't openly display our support for our LEOs without worrying about some sort of retaliation.

Along the same lines, we've always been against putting family stick figure decals on our car, or our family name on the outside of our home. That's just us. Even before LEO life. We are just super paranoid private. Now more than ever I think it is imperative that we are vigilant. And to me that means not identifying ourselves as LEO. Now, when I saw this photo above, I loved it. How cool would it be to see that strip of blue on a car in front of you. I guess that could still make you a target, but how cool would it be to do this during police week?! Or whenever you feel like it. All you need is a $3 roll of blue painter's tape and you are good to go!

What do you think? Think this would be low key or would you steer clear of even doing this?

No comments: