Monday, September 7, 2015

Note to Self: Memorize this!


Have you ever been on the phone with customer service and you have to spell something out for them? And you start coming up with words or names like "Bob" and it doesn't help them know what letter you are trying to convey?! Now, maybe you can picture this. You are talking to your LEO and you start coming up with creative names to spell something out and he is getting all frustrated because he is used to talking to people that know their phonetic alphabet. I can't tell you how many times HF has been so annoyed trying to get information to me because he can't understand if I've said "P" or "T", etc. So I surprised him the other day when I was relaying some information to him and I used his precious phonetic alphabet. He was so pleased. It was hilarious. Hey, it's only taken me 6 years to help that aspect of our communication. I think I will print it out and post it in our kitchen command center so our children can help him out too if they need to. 

Do you other halves know your phonetic alphabet or are you like me and say annoying things like, "T as in Top" and he responds, "P as in Pop?" So glad I could do this little gesture for him to make things easier for us both. And we could use some easier in our lives, am I right?!

2 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

That must be the military phonetic alphabet used by some departments. Ours used a different one. When I trained rookies who came out of the military and rattled off their phonetics, I was like...what? LOL

Unknown said...

D