Thursday, June 18, 2009

father's day coupons

I printed blank coupons on to cardstock using this template found here. You can have words and clipart pre-printed on them, but we opted for blank.

This is all you need: cardstock to make coupons, markers, scissors, stapler, glue stick, and magazines for cutouts.

Here are Daisy's coupons. She told me exactly what to write. I love her ideas. We included expiration dates to make it more exciting. The coupons are for:
  • A daddy/daughter date (she hopes it will be a day of swimming)
  • All you can get hugs and kisses
  • a movie at the $1 theatre
  • A day at the park that includes a picnic and water balloons.
I also made HF some coupons. They will not be pictured here.

Here's some more father's day activities and crafts from one of my favorite family crafty sites. How do ya'll celebrate father's day?

5 comments:

Meadowlark said...

These made me giggle because BabyGirl did these when she was about 10 because she hadn't saved any allowance. There were things like: a backrub, one chore without complaint, take out the garbage, that kind of stuff.

But what made me giggle is that Husband didn't use them and recently found them in a box. Imagine how hilarious we found it to expect the 23yr old BabyGirl to do the work! (she says she should have remembered the expiration dates!)

As far as "personal" coupons, I always remembered expiration dates!!! Otherwise they use them at the most inconvenient of times. :)

Momma Val said...

Aww! Too cute. Think Little Buddy will be painting a picture for Cop Dad's Father's Day gift. Maybe next year for coupons. He will love them (ahem, especially the ones from you ;)!

Momma Val said...

Oops forgot to tell you how we will celebrate this year. We are going to do Father's Day the following Sunday so that we can have Grandpa come too. My SMIL and I are baking brunch yummies and all spending time together in the morning before Cop Dad and SMIL (CSO at same PD) have to report to work at 2:45. I also want to get some new shorts and polos for Cop Dad. All his summer clothes are holey and stained :)

Natalie said...

I LOVE this idea! We did a coupon book for FH's mom one Christmas, but I think it will be super special having something from the kiddies. You made me giggle when you stated that you made coupons too. I'll have to make sure he gets something from ALL of us! ;)

He just wanted to spend time with his family, so Sunday after he gets off his shift we're going to his brother's to grill steaks.

firefighter / paramedic said...

HF coupons? HUBBA HUBBA