I've been given the Stylish blogger Award from Kennyo at A Policemans Life. Thanks! I don't think I've shown pictures of my wardrobe, but I'll interpret stylish as interesting like Kenny did.
There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
Now I've got to share 7 things I've never shared before:
1. I just got a blendtec blender. Today actually. As an early birthday present. I've already made 2 recipes. The thing is amazing. I've been wanting one for a while now. You can see some of the stuff this baby can blend here.
2. I love the Godfather movies. I was shown age inappropriate movies at a really young age thanks to my dad. But now later on in life? Really. Thanks dad. I use lines from these movies almost daily.
3. I hate balloons. I hate that they cause your hair and clothes to get static. I hate the sounds they make when people rub and squish them. One time my son kept putting a balloon in my face and it was giving me the creeped out shivers. After three times, I warned him that if he did it again I would pop it with a skewer (I was making kabobs). Well, he did it again and I had to keep my word and I popped it. He was devastated. I felt a little bit guilty. To this day, he brings it up and even commisioned his older sister to draw a picture of "mommy popping my ballloon". He put it on the fridge for everyone to see. I told him I would do it again if I had to.
4. I'm old fashioned. I don't facebook. I have an account but I don't use it. I could live without a cell phone. I leave it home a lot and lose it. It drives HF crazy. I don't need the newest and latest thing (other than the blendtec of course. This is food we are talking about people) I'm not all that into technology. And I like my privacy. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out when I look at my friends' facebook status and/or their blogs, but when it comes down to it I love that my life is my own and no one is "all up in my biznezz".
5. I like sports but I couldn't care less who wins. I don't get the rivalry and the brawls from opposing teams' fans. I would paint my face and hold up a poster for the fun of it with friends, but there wouldn't be a lot of passion and devotion to the team we were cheering. I also love a good superbowl party, but it's mostly because of the food. Can you blame me?
6. I'm completely obsessive with things being organized and put away in the right place. You wouldn't believe our bookshelves. Without fail, people comment on our immaculate bookshelves when they visit. Most of the books that we own are treasures found at second hand stores. I cherish each one (other than HF's weird sci-fi fantasy and military books). Our kids will sit quietly for long periods of time scouring the pages of books on our shelves. Even our baby. We are passionate about reading. This is a portion of the children's book section:
Maybe another time I'll show you the "weird" section on our bookshelves.
7. We are currently shopping for a new car. A minivan. Right now these are our top three choices in order:
-Toyota Sienna aka the swagger wagon
What do you recommend? We can't go by my judgment because I decided that the Toyota Sienna was for me based on this commercial alone. What does that tell you?
It is very late here so I will have to choose the award