Thursday, February 5, 2009

True Love Is A Surfire 6P Weapon Light

*this is a post from Hot Fuzz that was on our old blog before becoming anonymous. I thought it seemed appropriate.

I wanted to get Mrs. Fuzz something special this past Christmas. I decided that since she's always concerned about her safety I should employ my special expertise and get her the perfect non lethal weapon. I thought about OC spray but that's just so commonplace now and some people are actually quite resistant to it. I thought about a TASER (Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle), but you never want to buy your spouse a weapon you think he or she might use on you as a joke, so I decided against the TASER. Then I remembered the weapon light. Simple, elegant, and blinding. The surefire 6P weapon light is just powerful enough to blind your opponent, giving you enough time to flee or inflict further damage. Hunters swear by these things when it comes to bear encounters too. So I thought, why not? It's not intimidating enough to the user that he or she will be too scared to use it; but it's effective enough to give the carrier confidence in its ability to protect them from danger. To my surprise this gift was very well received. Now if I could only get her to carry it with her when she goes out at night. You can read some funny true stories about Surefire weapon lights here.

*I actually never get the chance to use it because HF always borrows it because he "needs it for something". I do keep it on my nightstand though. Probably not as useful as keeping it in my purse when I'm out and about at night though, right? Does anyone else's husbands think of "toys" you might need?

6 comments:

It's me said...

I'm still waiting for my SAT (sweet-ass Taser) in purple. But it seems there's always a backup-weapon or some gear he needs first! (my choice, not his)

I know you've seen it, but wanted to remind you to read: http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm and know that in some ways, it applies to you as well. Also, check out http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/handguns/articles/1780296-PoliceOne-reader-survey-results-Off-duty-carry/ and http://www.bluesheepdog.com/2009/02/01/policeone-off-duty-carry-survey-dismal-results/

OK, I'm done. You can delete this entire comment, OK.

Anonymous said...

peeks over to greet you to the Police Blogosphere........ Welcome!!

I like that flashlight, but nothing stops em in their tracks better then a little itsy bitsy piece of lead... ~smiles sweetly~

Pepper

Slamdunk said...

Good idea with the Surefire.

When I was sworn, my wife and I never solved the problem of finding an appropriate defense item for her. Several years ago, she had some mace spray, but accidentally sprayed herself in front of me. She was a bit embarrassed...

Now, I think our loud and rowdy little ones are enough to chase most criminals away. If they get too close to her, she may turn one of the screamers loose on them and produce some instant rehabilitation.

Dori said...

I have that very same Surefire. Got it the year after he gave me a sweet little Spyderco pocket knife.

Welcome to the most interesting life of the LEO wife and family! My husband and I are both Navy veterans. I chose to move on to other skills. He chose to improve on 14 years of spec. ops. skills. After 6 years on the road he's now EOD K-9. Yep. Never a dull moment around our house.

Okay...my reading ADD set in and I was glancing down to your other posts and I realized I had stuff to say about other things.

Anonymous said...

Does my husband think of "toys" I might need? Well, no, not usually. But he doesn't mind if I buy my own "toys".


crickets chirping


Wait, were you talking about weapons/self defense "toys"? Now I'm embarrassed... :-)

Unknown said...

From one newbie to another. Welcome. I wish the best of luck to you and you husband.