Thursday, January 22, 2009

baby steps to May

My husband (Hot Fuzz) was born to be a cop. He's waited a long time to do this. He's 30 years old, and has sacrificed a lot. We both finished our 4 year degrees and started a family. We just had our 3rd child in October, and he will finish the academy in May. He's at the top of his class, an excellent shooter, already has a job lined up, and looks super hot in his Sam Brown belt. A lot of people ask me if I'm worried about him being cop, and you know what? I'm actually not. I know this is what he was meant to do and he's waited a long time to do it. I have faith and confidence in his ability and feel certain that he will be watched over and protected. I love the support I've found out there for police wives and love the family nature of his department he will be working for. I'm looking forward to all the opportunities he will get. The only thing I don't like right now is how little we see him. He works a full time job as a dispatcher right now from 11 pm to 7 am and then sleeps until 3:30 pm, wakes up, showers, eats, and then heads to the academy until it's time for him to go to work again. He is so busy and so tired. I am tired because I have a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a 2 month old. I'm not getting much sleep either. So baby steps to May when life will settle down somewhat.

2 comments:

MotorCop said...

It takes a special woman to do what you are getting ready to do. May your husband be safe, your children proud, and you confident in them both.

This is what I think of my Wife...http://motorcop.blogspot.com/2008/06/wife.html.

I wish you all the success in the world. It's a difficult, but fantastic ride!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I remember those days! And truly, those were the hardest times for us. Hang in there! Your support means so much to him, and there are so many other understanding police wives to lean on when you're feeling weak!