- I know which traffic cameras in our city are in use and which ones are otherwise disconnected.
- Thank the Lord after three years of HF dressing like "a cop", we have finally discovered the answer to cops and dressing stylish. It's called the Smart Carry Holster and a 9mm or 380 handgun. (Look at me talking shop!) More to come on this later...
- It is necessary to have a backup plan or two or three when planning your day because even though he said he would watch the kids, you know that's hogwash because he will either have some kind of training or overtime, or he will need to sleep from just coming off a 48 hour day. You know what I mean.
- Therapy for your cop and/or for you can be very helpful.
- He may be one tough mutha, but he is more senstive and good than you ever realized. Some of the cases he deals with will bother him or haunt him in more ways than one.
- Being on SWAT makes his muscles grow!
- While he may look like a cop to those in the know, he is definitely a lot calmer and less super duper hyper vigilant. Although he is prone to that kind of behavior prior to becoming a cop I must say.
- The hair is part of the uniform...
- I'm even less surprised by anything that happens or he tells me than I was before. My reactions are fewer and far between.
- I am still okay with his career choice and his endeavors even when he has his doubts.
- Department politics are bad. And they are everywhere.
- Police wives for the most part are fitness fanatics just like their other halves.
- Police wife drama. Nuff said.
- On the contrary, Police wife support and networking is amazing!
- Haters gonna hate. It still never ceases to amaze me at the brazen hatred of the men and women in blue. That's why the support from those in the community amazes me just as much and is even more meaningful.
- His gear doth runneth over. Didn't I provide a closet for this? Then why is it in every nook and cranny of the house?
- As of April 2012, I have a current drivers license! (Some of you may remember that I was gallavanting around town without a valid license much to the horror and dismay of HF)
- We also just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. The adventure continues.
Friday, May 18, 2012
3 Years on the Job
We recently passed the three year mark as an LEO family. I thought I would do a little update as to how my life has changed in the last three years. You can see the previous years' posts here and here.